It’s a very crucial time for parents to keep their children safe from Coronavirus (COVID-19). Till now, we don’t know how things will change in the future, especially when there are very little facts available related to the effects of COVID-19 on Children.
Currently, the children do not come under the higher risk for COVID-19 as compared to Adults. Till now, only those children are under the effect of coronavirus whose parents are infected from the COVID-19. But, there is no full-proof solution or report which confirmed that this virus cannot touch or can’t infect the kids.
One case has been noticed in India, where a three-year-old girl tested positive for coronavirus in Mumbai, as both the parents have also tested positive for the viral infection. Her father has a travel history from the US.
And, on the other hand, there are few cases where children in India (Living in Noida, UP) are already under surveillance, as their parents or one of the family member are under doubt of getting infected from the coronavirus.
There is no need for parents to get panic, it’s just that you need to follow some strict preventive measures and also listen to what your country’s government is asking you to do so that the spreading of this virus can be stopped.
Every parent in the country is struggling to fight against the coronavirus. As now, this virus is unbeatable and there is no vaccination for it. But, Health Organizations like WHO and CDC are making lots of efforts to make awareness in people’s minds related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). They are doing what best they can do but as a parent or citizen, you also have some responsibility and a role to play in saving your family and country from this situation.
11 Ways Parents Can Save their Children’s from Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The first step would be to keep yourself and the child inside your home as much as possible.
- Don’t allow outside people, strangers, your child friends or cousins to your home. Tell them to speak on the phone or can make a video call.
- Try to keep your child busy and entertained at home itself.
- Isolation from the outside world is the best way to keep your kids safe from coronavirus.
- Try to avoid going to public places (workplaces, schools, public transport), to prevent it from spreading to others.
- Tell your child to wash hands often with soap and warm water for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Make a rule, who so ever is coming to your home will have to first Clean his hands using soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Total avoid people who are sick – coughing and sneezing
- Try to disinfect your house once a day like doorknobs, doorbell, light switches, handles, etc, which are common areas using by everyone.
- Change your and child clothes every day, wash their clothes with good and branded laundry powder or liquid.
- Tell your child not to rub his or her eyes, nose or mouth, especially when they are outside the home.
What to Do if your Child is Bored with Staying Inside to COVID-19?
- Involve your child in your household work, give them some work related to the house and keep changing it every day.
- Play indoor games with your child and keep talking to them.
- It’s a time to Pull out board games and other hiding games of your child.
- Read books to your child and share your childhood stories with them.
- Let them watch some good kid’s movie on a firestick or on television. But, you need to monitor the time for the same.
- Let your child dance on his favorite music or get yourself involved in it too.
- Order some new games for your child to get them busy for 14 to 15 days. But make it sure that you throw the outer box cover and wash your hands afterward.
Do you really need to Buy a Mask for your Child?
There is no harm in taking precautions, and if you’re taking your child to the hospital, metro train or using any local transportation, then you must cover your child’s face with a mask, and keep a hand sanitary handy with you. As you do not know whether the next person standing near you is infected or not.
What should you do if your Child has Symptoms of COVID-19?
If your child is complaining about the breathing problem or has some symptoms of cough or fever, similar to those of the flu, or the common cold, which is affecting his health too, then parents must get their child get tested and take medical attention.
For more information, please visit the World Health Organisation site.