You must have Read many Articles on the ‘Safest Time to Fly During Pregnancy.? But have you ever wonder in what situation, some experts do not advise pregnant women to fly during their pregnancy. The topic is not that what is a safe time and what is not a safe time to travel during pregnancy, the biggest question is in what conditions you should avoid flying during your pregnancy. And it does not matter whether it’s your First Pregnancy or Second Pregnancy, it’s just that you need to be careful while traveling through the air in your pregnancy.
Conditions in which you are not advised to Fly (Air Travel) during Pregnancy
- Rupture of membranes
- Preterm labor
- If you are pregnant with twins babies, with health conditions
- If you’re at higher risk of going into labor, especially before your due date
- You have an increase chance of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy, for an Ultrasound before traveling through the air, just for your safety and reassurance
We hope below questions may help you in Making your Decision Whether or Not to Fly during Pregnancy
- Is it necessary for you to fly during your pregnancy?
- How long is your flight?
- How many weeks pregnant will you be when you travel and when you return?
- Are you going on a medium or a long halt journey?
- Will this increase your risk of labor or medical problem?
- How safe was your earlier pregnancy, did you had a miscarriage in your past pregnancy?
- Are there any medical facilities available in your fight?
- Have you had all the relevant medication for the country you are traveling to?
- Does your destination have a good hospital and doctor for childbirth?
- Have you taken the permission from your current gynecologist doctor? Please consult your doctor before flying?
- Does your travel insurance cover pregnancy and/or care for your newborn baby if you give birth unexpectedly?