Tips for Performing Accurate Home Pregnancy Test
What Does an Invalid Pregnancy Test Mean? Does it mean that I am Not Pregnant or I have to Try Again? There is a lot of confusion in many women’s minds, who are trying to conceive a baby about the Reading Method of Home Pregnancy Test.
But, the biggest problem comes when women don’t understand the meaning of their Result and especially when it shows INVALID Results, which makes them more confused and frustrated.
What Means or Causes an Invalid pregnancy test?
To check the result you should only wait till 10 minutes or check the directions given below the pregnancy test strip of the company you are using, to find the accurate result. Sometimes, women do not read the result accurately.
Reasons Behind the Invalid Result
- The Test has been taken too early to detect the Pregnancy Confirmation.
- Maybe you have not put enough urine on the test strip to show the result whether you’re pregnant or not.
- Avoid Using an old or diluted urine sample, its recommended by experts to do the test in the morning time, to avoid dilution.
- Check the expiration date of the whole strip before purchasing it.
How to Take a Home Pregnancy Tests
Home pregnancy tests work by detecting HCG levels during the very early days of pregnancy. A hormone released by the placenta right after the embryo begins implanting into the uterine lining. The hormone is released in a pregnant woman’s urine.
NOTE: To get an accurate result, it depends on which company or brand pregnancy kit you’re using. A positive result will often look like a line, a dot, or a plus sign.
Read carefully the instruction given behind the pregnancy kit box, to understand your result perfectly.
Below are simple ways to understand more about the Home Pregnancy Test is done:-
- The home pregnancy test is sensitive to the amount of HCG in the urine.
- If there is less amount of urine, then the line will be fainter.
- An initial faint line that steadily gets more solid with more time and tests indicates pregnancy.
- In case no line appears in the Control Window, that means Invalid Result.
- If No Line is shown in the T Line, it means that you’re not pregnant (see the below chart for reference).
- Results are usually visible within 5 to 10 minutes or sometimes sooner.
- The accuracy detecting through HCG is over 99.8% when it is used properly.
You will find many brands offering the Home Pregnancy Test Strips for ease of the women’s, which is actually very good. Some of the famous brands are the Clearblue, First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test, i-can One Step Pregnancy Test, iProven, and Prega news, etc.