Makhanas are considered to be the Most Healthier Food for Growing Age Kids. Mothers must feed One Cup of Makhanas to their Child Every Day. Makhanas are very easy to cook and there are lots of recipes available for the same. But, it has been seen that most of the Babies and Toddlers love the taste of Roasted Makhanas.
Babies and Toddlers are still building their Taste Buds and Foods like Makhanas. They are Great Finger Food and Evening Snack options for Kids. Lots of Mothers these days are choosing the Healthy Food Recipes for their Child. And, this Recipe can help you in finding the Right Recipes for your Child.
Please Don’t mix lots of Spices in your Child’s Food Recipes, as sometimes plain Flavor Attracts Kids.
Benefits of Makhana for Babies and Toddlers
- Good source of Calcium, extremely good for Kid’s Bone and Teeth Health. The Value of Calcium per cup is approx 7.9
- High on Protein food help Kids in Good Growth and Building Muscle.
- High in Fiber and Low in Calories – it’s very good for Babies and Toddler’s Tummies and Digestion. And, very good in Constipation.
- Low in Fat and Sodium.
Roasted Makhana Recipe for Babies and Toddlers
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Serving: 1 Child
- Full Cups Makhana/ Fox Nuts/ Lotus Seeds (It Should be around 10 to 15 pieces of Makhana)
- 2 Tablespoons Desi Ghee (Try to use Homemade Desi Ghee for your Child, it has more Nutrients)
- One Pinch of Salt
Note: If you’re using this Recipe for your Baby, then cut the Makhana into the small pieces and crushed it from your hand and then put it in your baby’s mouth. For toddlers and big kids, the below recipe is perfect.
How to Make Roasted Makhana Recipe – Step by Step
- Take a Heavy-based pan for Roasting the Makhana, otherwise they will Burn very Fast.
- Add Two Tablespoons Desi Ghee and wait to Heat up a Little Bit.
- Now, Add the Full Pieces of Makhanas and Roast on Low Flame until they Look Crispy.
- Once the Makhanas is done, transfer them in Medium Size Container.
- Add One Pinch of Salt in the container and toast it.
- Now, your Child Makhanas are Ready to Serve.
Tip: If you want to Add more Desi ghee in your Child’s Diet, then you can Add One Teaspoon, Desi Ghee, in the Container before transferring the Roasted Makhanas and then Add Salt.
Explore More Recipes for Toddlers and Kids
- Potato Cutlet Recipe for Toddlers/Kids
- How to Make Homemade Ghee for Kids
- Bread Pizza Recipe for Kids on Microwave & Tawa